Experts Directory: Grants
Sponsored grants have been imported to Experts Directory from the Grants & Contracts Financial Administration (GCFA) Office records.
Grants not processed by the GCFA Office are entered manually as "Other Funding" or a "Proposed or Unfunded Grant." This includes awards from departments or colleges or grants received prior to employment at OSU.
How to View your Grants
- From your Homepage, click on Grants.
- My Grants will list all grants associated with you. If you wish to view only grants imported from GCFA, use the Grant Type filter on the right side of the page to select Grant.
- You will be automatically linked to any grants for which you are a Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator. To view all people at OSU associated with the grant, click the Relationships tab.
- To view more detailed information about the grant, click the grant title. For each grant there will be at least two records, the GCFA Grant and the GCFA Fund.
- The GCFA Grant record represents the primary sponsored grant and will include the grant funder, funder name, cumulative amount, start and end dates, funder type, and status.
- Below the GCFA Grant box there will be at least one box labeled GCFA Grant Fund. To expand the box, click the + plus icon in the bottom right corner. This will provide information on the person who was funded, their department, and the fund amount.
- If there are multiple funds, you may want to favorite the grants that you are involved with. Click the star icon to set the preferred fund record(s).
How to Request Changes to Your Grants
Please fill out the support form linked here. If you are making multiple changes to multiple grants (e.g. correcting typos, capitalization errors, etc.), it is recommended that you download your CV from Experts Directory (go to Edit My Profile > CV and Reports in the upper right corner), and, using the Track Changes function in Microsoft Word, make the desired changes and upload them to the support form. Please do not manually add anyone to the grant. If the grant is missing a PI or co-PI, submit the request on the form.
How to Add a Grant or Grant Proposal Manually
- From your Homepage, look for + ADD NEW at the bottom left of Grants.
- A window with two options will appear. Choose the Grant Type that you'd like to add. Click here for a full list of grant types with definitions. For help selecting an activity type, please see, What Goes Where?
- The fields marked with a red asterisk are required. For example, an application date is required.
- Click the question mark on the right to get more information about how to enter data in that field.
- Remember, awarded grants processed by GCFA are brought into Experts Directory automatically and do not need to be entered manually.
- Be sure to click Save when you have finished entering text. You can edit the activity later if you need to make changes.
- For help or to suggest improvements, please Contact Support.